Champion 3100 Inverter on amazon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-11-28 at 9.15.01 PM2 - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2013-11-28 at 9.15.01 PM2 - Edited.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 435
Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
I just picked up a UPS and am now looking for a genny, just starting to research... lots of hondas and yamahas with good reviews... and the Champion gets mentioned but im just not familiar with them. Dont wanna spend the moola without the resaerch, but also dont want to miss a geat deal. Any thoughts on the Champion 3100 inverter genny? I plan on running my P-43 and a few lights/outlets for computer, not much else.

I've been looking at inverter generators for 6 months now. The jist of my research can be summed up with a classical saying: you get what you pay for.

Reactions: Rastallama
I purchased a large generator a few years ago and as I recall, reviews on Champion generators are not usually very good. With generators, you often do get what you pay for.

I have two champion generators they are nice great customer support. If you have any doubts on the quality hop over to rv.net and read peoples opinions and decide for yourself. I have the 2000w inverter champion generator although I have not used it for a power outage it runs my stuff great and is very quiet.

I just picked up a UPS and am now looking for a genny, just starting to research... lots of hondas and yamahas with good reviews... and the Champion gets mentioned but im just not familiar with them. Dont wanna spend the moola without the resaerch, but also dont want to miss a geat deal. Any thoughts on the Champion 3100 inverter genny? I plan on running my P-43 and a few lights/outlets for computer, not much else.

www.supergen.com sells refurbished champion inverter generators that is where I got mine. Seemed like the one they sent me sat on a rack somewhere for a while ( it was very dusty ) ended up getting it for about $360 from them. Something else for you to research :)

Is champion Honda or Yamaha?
No.

But, for about half the price you can have something that's pretty good.

I know quite a few people with the regular non inverter units and all of them are still working to the best of my knowledge. I wouldn't say they are top of the line, but I would say they are pretty good for the money.

Not sure how the 3100 watt one is but the 2000 watt ones works well for me. Well designed, quite, runs for 9-10 hours on a gallon of gas. I used mine last year during Sandy for 3 days. I'd run it 9 hours on and 3 hours off (when I ran the big genny). Performed flawlessly for me.

Not sure how the 3100 watt one is but the 2000 watt ones works well for me. Well designed, quite, runs for 9-10 hours on a gallon of gas. I used mine last year during Sandy for 3 days. I'd run it 9 hours on and 3 hours off (when I ran the big genny). Performed flawlessly for me.
How much were you running? I still need to figure out my demand to match with generator...

I hope I helped someone save 300 bucks :) happy thanksgiving!

I hope I helped someone save 300 bucks :) happy thanksgiving!

Thanks for posting!!! Thats a good deal had I just not bought the 2000w one I seriously would have considered the larger one.

I 2nd the Champion Inverter Generator.. I bought from SuperGen via E Bay a year ago, called the 800 number to ask some pre-purchase questions, no voice mail or push 1 now, talked to a real person and answered all my questions..

Last edited:
Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
I was running fridge, freezer, router, computer, TV/DVD and a couple of lights. I didn't need the furnace as it was September. If I did it about 450 watts with everything calling for heat. All I want is the house to be warm and the beer cold.
I picked it up after Irene for $400 with about 6 hrs on it.

I was running fridge, freezer, router, computer, TV/DVD and a couple of lights. I didn't need the furnace as it was September. If I did it about 450 watts with everything calling for heat. All I want is the house to be warm and the beer cold.
I picked it up after Irene for $400 with about 6 hrs on it.
That's a huge help, Thanks!

Ok....I checked and I have to say that the reviews do seem to be mostly positive. At the time I was looking and LP generators...maybe I mixed them up with another brand. In any case, I obviously got my facts mixed up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.