Change in stoves, change in height....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
I am changing out a loyal Enviro Windsor from 2004 for a newer Enviro Meridian in hopes of increasing heat output. The Windsor was only rated at 34k while the Meridian is rated at 45k. When it was below 20 degrees it just didn't cut it. I am hoping this new Meridian will fill the bill.
The original exhaust height out of the Windsor stove is at 10.5" on center and then through the wall. The Meridian is higher at 18.5" out of the stove. I need to come down about 8 inches. With little room to work in back of the stove what are my best options to alter the height down to the original hole in the wall? I don't wish to make another hole at a different height!
I tried purchasing a t and a 45 in hopes of making the changeover easy. Not so sure this is the best way. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks for your reply. What recommendation do you have for my situation? I can't be the only one that has been in this situation.

Thanks for your reply. What recommendation do you have for my situation? I can't be the only one that has been in this situation.
Your gonna have to move the hole, I know you don't want to hear it, but you really have no other choice. Sorry to hear of your woes.

What about converting the opening for the existing pellet vent pipe to an OAK intake port and cutting in a new hole for your exhaust.?

What about converting the opening for the existing pellet vent pipe to an OAK intake port and cutting in a new hole for your exhaust.?
Now that's using your head, I really like that idea, and it would keep the OP from having to fill in that hole.

Thanks for al the replies. This unit is in a condo so that's why we went with the horizontal wall termination. Looks like I may not be installing this after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.