Changed my mind, went with a Summers Heat 50-SNC30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckeyeWilly

Hearth Supporter
Mar 7, 2008
Eastern Ohio
I had really liked the Quadra-fire 5700 but after looking at the Summers Heat and reading the reviews I just coiuldn't see paying the $2600 for the 5700. The 50-SNC30 was $1341 at my local Lowes because they did not stock that model and had to special order it. However the sales guy told me that 3 stores in this district did stock it and it sold for $1099 at those stores. The closest one to me was in Morgantown, W. Va, so the wife and I made the trip (about 1-1/2 hours from our home in Eastern Ohio). I had called ahead and they had it at the front of the store ready for me to go. The sales guy there said why don't you open a Lowes card and get another 10% off and then just pay the bill when it comes so I ended up getting the stove for $989.10. I know Lowes gets knocked quite a bit but on this day they were first class in my book!! I will take pics when I get it set up.

And, you're already $1600 ahead on the savings from burning wood.

And if it qualifies for federal rebate take it down another 30%... sweet! :)

That is a great stove, I also have the Quad 5100 insert and you made the right choice. Both are great stoves but why pay more if you don't have to. I got my Summers Heat for 498.00 at end of season 2 years ago, deal of a lifetime. It burns nice and hot, didn't even bother with the blower for my Dads cabin. Someday I am going to buy the gold trim, etc so make it look really sharp. Again for the money there is nothing better
Get those pics up :)

Slow1 said:
And if it qualifies for federal rebate take it down another 30%... sweet! :)

yes it qualifies! go to our home page and download the certificate and keep it with your store reciept until tax time. http://www.englanderstoves.com/ look at the bottom of the green field in gold lettering , click there and download/print off the certificate.

first and foremost, welcome to the ESW family! any questions you might have shoot em to me. and/or post them in here.

Here is your shirt. The things are going fast. :coolsmile:

Attachments

• englander t shirt.jpg
    englander t shirt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 348
Stoveguy2esw, thanks for the info. Printed it out and it and the receipt are joined at the top. :) Bart, appreciate the t-shirt and I will wear it proudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.