Changing an Igniter on a westpoint stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

railfanron

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2013
Perry MI
I have to put an igniter in my neighbors Westpoint stove. I've read the threads that talk about it but the directions are a little vague. I haven't been down there to look yet but if I could get a heads up first I figure that will make it easier. My question is: Can I go in through the burn box to get it out or does it come out backwards through the air entry? Is there any thing that will make the project easier? Also about how long does it take? It's very cold here and I don't want to shut her down for several hours until it gets warmer if it's a big project.
Thanks,
Ron

I have to put an igniter in my neighbors Westpoint stove. I've read the threads that talk about it but the directions are a little vague. I haven't been down there to look yet but if I could get a heads up first I figure that will make it easier. My question is: Can I go in through the burn box to get it out or does it come out backwards through the air entry? Is there any thing that will make the project easier? Also about how long does it take? It's very cold here and I don't want to shut her down for several hours until it gets warmer if it's a big project.
Thanks,
Ron

Its a piece of cake. Open the sides and where the air intake tube goes into a "box" there are two bolts on the bottom of the box. Remove them and the air intake can slide back to expose the igniter. It is held in place by a set screw. Loosen and remove. I also removed the convection blower for a little more room to work with. The job can be done in 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.