Changing igniter on a P68 Harman pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaww815

Oct 21, 2014
Massachusetts
Looking for some help on changing my igniter on my P68 Harman. Hard? Easy? I can't see where the leads from the igniter go...do I need to take another more pieces apart to get to them? Thanks

Yep. You hafta remove one of the rear shrouds to see where the igniter wiring leads are connected. There may be wire ties that have to be removed. Once the leads are free from the ties, gently pull the igniter wires thru the stove body & into the igniter cavity under the burnpot, until you can see the spade connectors. Unplug them & remove the retainer screws on the outside of the burnpot. Make a note of which way the igniter is mounted & install the new one in the same position. Attach the spade connectors & gently pull the wires thru to the back, until there is very little wiring in the igniter cavity. Reinstall the shroud & the igniter cavity cover...HTH

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
We're trying to help him in his other thread as well with this.....he's had quite a time getting his stove going this year and the igniter is his last step, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.