Changing Lopi Yankee Ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBlank912

Aug 18, 2008
NW NJ
I just had my ignitor changed on a Lopi Yankee stove. It was under full warranty so the shop did it, no charge, but I was not home to see how they did it. From what I read in an old service manual, it looks like 1 screw from the back of the ignitor. Has anyone here changed one of these? How do you access it? Do you need to pull the rear off the stove or remove the circulating motor, the stove is on its second season. The Travis manual shows an older circulator motor-a squirrel cage unit, the one I have is similar to the exhaust motor instead.

Just tryin to understand how hard it is to get to to do. The next one is on me, so I have to deal with it.

JRB said:
I just had my ignitor changed on a Lopi Yankee stove. It was under full warranty so the shop did it, no charge, but I was not home to see how they did it. From what I read in an old service manual, it looks like 1 screw from the back of the ignitor. Has anyone here changed one of these? How do you access it? Do you need to pull the rear off the stove or remove the circulating motor, the stove is on its second season. The Travis manual shows an older circulator motor-a squirrel cage unit, the one I have is similar to the exhaust motor instead.

Just tryin to understand how hard it is to get to to do. The next one is on me, so I have to deal with it.

I had puchased a spare ignitor for the Astoria I used to have, and from what I could figure from the service manual I had, plus looking at the stove, it's easier to get to if you remove the rear panel & auger motor (5 min. job). That gives you more room. I think a 1/4" or 3/8" ratchet with a LONG extension and socket will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.