Changing power companies?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
All,
In Pa with power deregulation I keep getting fliers in the mail trying to sell cheaper power. My peak power (losing the off-peak rate soon) currently costs $0.137 (total) $0.0255 (generation) I dont expect to save too much, maybe a few bucks.

Has anyone else switched to a different company? How was the expirance?

In Connecticut it is a very easy and painless to do. The power company even has a website where you can compare rates.

I switched last year. It seems even PP&L encouraged me to do so. Rates are slightly lower than PP&L and I have had no problems. Still get my bills from PP&L.

Recently we got a postcard asking to switch to another company and we would get our electricity for free on Saturdays...offer only good if you have a smart meter installed on your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.