Changing Stove and Stovepipe - 8 inch to 6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpcollen1

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2007
Western CT
Just trying to get some concrete plans for my change of stoves and pipe. I currently have an old stove with 8" single wall stovepipe going up about 10 feet and through a ceiling box and out through the chimney. I am installing a Jotul Castine and am planning on using 6" Double wall (DVL) to go up to/through the ceiling box. I have not ripped apart the old stove/pipe and measured anything yet b/c I wanted to do that when i land the stove there. Is this installation going to be anything but simple? Am I wrong to think that I should be able to use the same ceiling box with the 6" pipe and a 6-8 adapter?

Any thought on this are appreciated or relevant experience. As I said, it may make more sense once I dig in a bit further.

Thanks - Pics to follow in a installation thread unless necessary...

Just a bump....

Status
Not open for further replies.