Changing the handle on a Ludell splitting axe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Ludell. This summer the handle broke inside the head, which made it a PITA to remove, but a hickory handle fits fine. I drilled a bunch of holes in the fiberglass from the top and then used a cold chisel and hammer to get it to slide out. Good luck.

buggyspapa said:
I have a Ludell. This summer the handle broke inside the head, which made it a PITA to remove, but a hickory handle fits fine. I drilled a bunch of holes in the fiberglass from the top and then used a cold chisel and hammer to get it to slide out. Good luck.

Thanks! That's what did. Love the head but the handle had to go. The hickory handle is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.