chappee wood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StackedLumber

Oct 28, 2009
Michigan
I'm having difficulty finding info on the net for a friend on a Chappee wood boiler. It's a mid aged unit (mid 80's bought), and he just moved into the house that had it. Does anyone know anything about these or know if they are still in business?

I heated my house with a Chappee C - 26 last winter plumbed into my furnace plenum,the biggest problem I had with it was the small firebox so I had more frequent feedings but did it the job.Just like any other boiler I believe it could of benefited from storage.

I am now heating with a EKO 25,660 gallons of storage and cast iron radiators,I couldn't be more pleased with this system.

I don't believe Chappee is still in business,about the only thing that I can think of that can go wrong other than a cracked boiler would be draft control Colarstat,I replaced mine with a Samson for $78 and it worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.