Chaps and Face Guard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been answered, but what is the best website to get safety gear from? I've been living like an idiot for long enough. Time to get all bases covered...saftety gloves, chaps, and face shield with or without ear protection. Ear plugs are ok for me.

I like Labonville.

http://www.labonville.com/

Bailey's also gets my money from time to time.

So far, ER doc's have not gotten my money :). Yes, my chaps have one small nick where 1 tooth caught as the chain was almost stopped. Right in the middle of my thigh. I where the stuff even when it's hot.

Mike

I like Labonville.

http://www.labonville.com/

Bailey's also gets my money from time to time.

So far, ER doc's have not gotten my money :). Yes, my chaps have one small nick where 1 tooth caught as the chain was almost stopped. Right in the middle of my thigh. I where the stuff even when it's hot.

Mike

Seems like a good plan. My legs function. I intend to keep them that way. And I don't need massive medical bills

Reactions: Pallet Pete
My chaps were $59 and the face shield was $17, so about the same price. Shipping is where Baileys and Ebay gets you, but it is what it is. Hospitals and lost work are way more expensive.

There free shipping.

I know it's been answered, but what is the best website to get safety gear from? I've been living like an idiot for long enough. Time to get all bases covered...saftety gloves, chaps, and face shield with or without ear protection. Ear plugs are ok for me.
I use our local dealer, give them your first shot.

I picked mine up for about $30 when TSC was unloading all their Husqy gear.

My order is done. I think I got an ok deal, and most importantly, I will have the gear needed before the next time I operate my saws. My local dealers are fairly expensive. I have given them enough money this year I think. :)

Reactions: MasterMech
Sounds like you have just about everything covered. The only thing I do on top of what's been mentioned is wear steel toe boots or chainsaw boots.

Reactions: firecracker_77
I picked mine up for about $30 when TSC was unloading all their Husqy gear.

Me, too. I haven't taken them out of the package yet. Hopefully won't for a long time, as I bought them as backup for my Labonvilles. I have taken a liking to the helmet, though.

I cleaned up at TSC ;)

Sounds like you have just about everything covered. The only thing I do on top of what's been mentioned is wear steel toe boots or chainsaw boots.

Yes...a good idea. I've had big rounds roll onto my shins and ankles. Very painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.