Chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The old chaps are just that, stopped in this morning to order these, 9 ply.

zap

Attachments

• aprnchap412x700.png
    aprnchap412x700.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 153
i melted my outer layer on my chaps this past weekend. saw started to run out of gas, my back was a little sore. thought i would take a breather and sat on a log that i just cut, put saw in my lap and started to smell something burning. doh! realized what it was. muffler contacted outer layer,it only melted a small area, kinda turned the fabric into a hard plastic.

I just saw some on craigslist the other day, for $65 new. How much do you pay at the dealer?

Do chaps wear out?
The Husqvarna chaps did, they just ripped one day when I was cutting, never touched them with a saw. Of the two pair I have, neither are the 9 ply.

The big reason was I wanted better protection with the 9 ply.

zap

I just saw some on craigslist the other day, for $65 new. How much do you pay at the dealer?
Just over one hundred bucks, they treat me good at the shop so I get all my cutting equipment through them.

zap

The Husqvarna chaps did, they just ripped one day when I was cutting, never touched them with a saw. Of the two pair I have, neither are the 9 ply.

The big reason was I wanted better protection with the 9 ply.

zap

Dont know if 9 will give you anymore protection but bet there going to be nice in the winter!

Dont know if 9 will give you anymore protection but bet there going to be nice in the winter!
Let's keep in mind that Zap runs two saws over 100cc and a MS660. :eek: Good call on the 9 layers. ;)

Mine (9 layer full-wrap) are hot as hell, looking into something else for cutting during the spring/summer.

Labonvilles chaps are full wrap, top rated, Made in USA, and cheaper than the rest.

labonville full wrap is what i have and love them.

Let's keep in mind that Zap runs two saws over 100cc and a MS660. :eek: Good call on the 9 layers. ;)

Mine (9 layer full-wrap) are hot as hell, looking into something else for cutting during the spring/summer.

Yea I know what he runs. It does not take any more to stop an 880 at 122cc. (Your just clogging it up) Great for those cold days for sure. (Hope those are over for me) ;) Heck I can stop any saw in the cut at will. This is where tuning by ear can really make those long cuts little easier and faster.

I use Labonville full wrap but they're the standard chap not the competition chap. I'm only using a little 346XP though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.