Charge Voltage - Universal UB121000-45978 12v 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dataman

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2018
Newport, Wa
My Aims 1250 Watt 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger PICOGLF12W12V120AL has 2 settings for AGM Batteries. I was going to go with AGM1, but it seems to me the battery is AGM2 or 14.6. Not that it can be much difference. Anyone really know the charge voltage for this battery? (See Title).

I have msg in to the vender.

AGM 1
14.1 - Charge
13.4 - Float

AGM 2

When it doubt, error on the side of caution and go with the lower setting.

Both are pretty close, and would "probably" be fine. But by going with the lower settings, at most you are risking a slightly longer charging time... at most. Not a big deal until the vendor can confirm the proper charging algorithm specifications.

Reactions: Dataman
When it doubt, error on the side of caution and go with the lower setting.

Both are pretty close, and would "probably" be fine. But by going with the lower settings, at most you are risking a slightly longer charging time... at most. Not a big deal until the vendor can confirm the proper charging algorithm specifications.
Set it at 14.1 charge voltage or AMG1. Battery is on float charge ready for the times we go without power. Last year we had 4-5 hours. Who knows this year. I like to be prepared.