Cheap rear flew exit stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
Now that I have my new stove installed, my brother is looking to install one in his house.... the 3$ a gallon is rough on a new home owner his first year out.

He currently has an existing masonry fireplace in his basement that he would like to install something like the Englander 13NCH. Unfortunately the Englander is only going to give an inch or so of clearance over the stove with the listed heights (26") Is there a height difference between the pedestal mount and the legs? I know they sell 6" legs on the website. For an additional 100$.... (wonder if they will swap a set of legs since they sell the 9" legs for more than the 6"ers).

Is there a similarly priced/sized plate stove with rear flew exit available?

The existing chimney is clay lined, and is in good condition according to the home inspector.

We will be making a block off plate and sticking 5' or so of flex pipe into the flew.

The existing hearth will be too small, but the carpet in front can easily be removed temporarily until more brick is installed.

The basement is half finished, with wall/door to unfurnished half.

Thanks,
Dan

look a century stove and drolet stoves are also cheap value line stoves Drolet also makes an insert and a pellet stove

Status
Not open for further replies.