Cheapest Option to replace bad Honeywell valve in Kozy Heat fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbglassman

Nov 10, 2023
New Jersey
The original Honeywell RF Valve 700-107 NG went bad in my Kozy Heat Chaska-XL fireplace. What is the cheapest retrofit I could do? I don't need a remote - I'm ok to control it from underneath.

Getting sufficient mv, pilot lights, but goes out when releasing gas start knob even after keeping it going for a few minutes. I'm being told that this is a common problem with this valve. I'm willing to give up the control of the fan and flame height from a remote and just control it from underneath.

The cheapest way is to install a SIT MV gas valve, with standing pilot.
I would do some testing on your current valve before tearing it out.
I may have the parts to repair it.

Reactions: DAKSY
I am definitely interested in purchasing your Honeywell valve, assuming you will warrant that it is still working? Please provide the model number and how much you would charge. Thank you!!!

I would not ever purchase a used Honeywell valve. These Honeywell Valves are terrible.

I live in the PNW and we are constantly doing conversion kits on these. They have many issues such as dead shorts, where the pilot will stay lit by when you turn the knob from pilot to on it'll shut off.

You don't need to replace the entire fireplace. That's assanine. They sell conversion kits that bolt right up.

If you have any questions feel free to message me. But I strongly would recommend not purchasing a used one