cheat river or stove chow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvsb

Feb 19, 2012
Northampton, PA
Have been burning Green Teams and the burned great, but the only pellets currently available in the immediate area is cheat river and stove chow. They both are the same price. Given the choice what would you get? Only have 8 bags left need to pick something soon!

Grab a few bags of each and see how they burn. I have found that our Harman burns about anything with very little difference.

Cheat River did OK for me. Actually have a ton from TSC.. Try a few of each...

Try a little of each. Just make sure they are DRY. The Chow's at HD in Bethlehem and Whitehall have been outside for a LONG time. The ones out front in Whitehall are destroyed due to moisture getting in to them.

Did you check TSC in Nazareth? TSC in Quakertown has both Cheat River and Premier Hardwood Pellets both $209/ton. I just burned a ton of Premier and liked them. Never tried Cheat River or Stove Chow.

TSC in nazerath has cheat river but should have green teams next week.
I ended up buying cheat river, they burn ok and keeps us warm. I guess that is what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.