1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

cheat river or stove chow?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by lvsb, Jan 1, 2013.

1. lvsb

lvsb New Member

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Have been burning Green Teams and the burned great, but the only pellets currently available in the immediate area is cheat river and stove chow. They both are the same price. Given the choice what would you get? Only have 8 bags left need to pick something soon!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. AntPen

AntPen New Member

Loc:
    Westchester County, NY
    My stove likes Stove Chow, good heat and minimal ash.
  3. greg13

greg13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CNY
    Grab a few bags of each and see how they burn. I have found that our Harman burns about anything with very little difference.
  4. gfreek

gfreek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful Attica/Varysburg,New York
    Cheat River did OK for me. Actually have a ton from TSC.. Try a few of each...
  5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Try a little of each. Just make sure they are DRY. The Chow's at HD in Bethlehem and Whitehall have been outside for a LONG time. The ones out front in Whitehall are destroyed due to moisture getting in to them.
  6. msh227

msh227 Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Did you check TSC in Nazareth? TSC in Quakertown has both Cheat River and Premier Hardwood Pellets both $209/ton. I just burned a ton of Premier and liked them. Never tried Cheat River or Stove Chow.
  7. lvsb

lvsb New Member

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    TSC in nazerath has cheat river but should have green teams next week.
    I ended up buying cheat river, they burn ok and keeps us warm. I guess that is what counts.