1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Cheated on Wood Stove with Gas fireplace.

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Danno77, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    I'm sitting here at just under 10,000ft in front of a warm gas fireplace. (I swear the worn letters say "Heatilator"). It's overkill for this small suite or whatever that we are staying in.

Anyway, don't worry, I'll be back to burning my wood stove when I get home late tomorrow night.

Copper Mountain has been a blast (as always), and I'll miss it. Don't think I've seen a deciduous tree since before it got dark on friday night. I almost took a clever picture when I was on a double black diamond, but I was too worried about dying to take the time. I would ski 100 yards and rest on that one. At one point I thought I'd just lay down. Well, you know you are on some steep stuff, when you want to lay down and you just outstretch your arm and lower yourself. While laying there (kinda) I noticed that the trees still looked straight up from my perspective. I thought about rotating the camera to the slope of the hill and posting about these "leaners". Oh well, there's always next year.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Well, I'm back and the stove is cranking. Dad made his goal of skiing 50,000 (+) vertical feet on his 50th birthday. i think he was somewhere just over 53,000. That guy is crazy, IMO.

The pictures don't do it justice. These were taken at around 12,300 or so at copper mountain.

Attached Files:

3. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    I learned to ski on a double diamond
    ( took my glasses off because they were wet first time up the lift)
    I had no idea what trail to take, couldn't read the signs so I took the trail with no people on it.

It was either learn to turn and slow down or die.
    I don't recommend the method.

I signed up for lessons shortly after. :)

Didn't fall or splat into a tree, though.