CHECK ASHPAN ERROR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch oven

Jun 29, 2008
north jersey
my mt vernon ae keeps displaying the message " check ashpan". There are no klinkers or jams. The autoclean cycles the firepot open and closed properly. The stove is new and has burned only 4 bags of pellets so far but started giving the error message after a power outage yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.we unplugged it overnight and it started up fine this am but not in the pm. HELP!

make sure all doors are sealed tight and latched.

I got the same thing on my Mt vernon. I happen 3 time in the last few days. I seem to happen after the autoclean. To get it to go away the first to time I vaccumed it out realy good and press retry. To day I had to vac and scrap the firepot. I checked the spings and made sure the firepot bottom was closed after the the autoclean. The manual say

Auto-clean jammed

Linkage has become disconnected
If ashpan is empty, check for a jam. Use
a screw driver and firmly push in the
firepot floor holes and flex spring and
push toward home to release jam.

Auto-clean switch is bad

Replace switch
Reconnect linkage

I was about to post the problem and call the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.