Check for leaks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dealer where i purchased my stove had all his stoves wrapped with this tape. It is all aluminum tape, He showed me how they did it and all the taped stove exhausts looked good. The tape was still shiny except for some that had seen the weather on the outside of the piping. He told me to seal with RV silcone (high temp) and then cover all joints with the alum tape. The only issue with the tape is if you want to take apart the pipe sections then you have to cut the and remove the tape wich is really simple.

This is what my manual says: see below.

ATTENTION: We strongly recommend using a battery backup system if the stove is
installed using horizontal venting only. This prevents any smoke from entering your home
in the event of a power failure.
Legend for Figures 2 through 5
A. 45 degree elbow I. PL Vent Fire Stop
B. Thimble J. Roof Flashing
C. PL Vent Section K. Storm Collar
D. Stove Exhaust Pipe L. Rain Cap
E. Air Intake Damper M. Outside Air Pipe
F. Air Vent Damper N. PL Vent Section
G. 90 degree elbow O. Wall Band
H. 45 degree elbow P. Outside Air Inlet Cover
1. PL vent may be installed directly through a combustible wall, ceiling or roof according to PL
vent manufacturer’s instructions. (See Figures 2 and 3).
2. The PL vent system must be properly sealed and secured as per PL vent manufacturer’s
specifications. An airtight seal is necessary in connecting the vent to the stove. Using a PL Vent
pipe adapter, secure the PL vent with at least three sheet metal screws and high temperature
silicone adhesive, (RTV), or metal tape at each joint.Page 9
Afton Bay Installations Manual
Figure 4 Figure 5
Exhaust Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.