Check out the way this guy trims trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there may be a new Darwin award in the future.

Didn't I see that in a James Bond movie once?

Yep, in The World is not Enough they sliced up a BMW with a buzzsaw.

I hope they pay they helicopter guy really well. He seems to be pretty skillful.

I know a lot of helicopter pilots and they are unanimous in declaring that pilot two notches past insane.

I don't know which is worse, the guy that trims the trees, or the guy that has to go work on the power lines!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uEKbMMHAwm0

On a side note, I think this may be a 'dead' line because I have seen them do this on a documentary film and the guy had to reach out with a 'hot stick' as the chopper approached the line - this drew a 1-2' arc on its own, then he had to clamp onto the line to bring the chopper and his body up to the same voltage potential. I didn't really see them do that in this video.

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.