1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Check out this beauty! (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Jaugust124, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Jaugust124

Jaugust124 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    This think looks like it just got yanked out of the lake, and only $400. I especially like the tilt. Nice and easy to clean the ashes out of the stove. Hope whoever buys this thing has some good hearth protection for the wood that will be rolling out. Oh, and really, really good homeowners insurance.
    Here's the link: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/hsh/3271818685.html
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    If that burns like a BK then $400.00 might be cheap considering it comes with a 2012-2013 supply of wood.
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Good thing it comes with that Magic Heat because the stove by itself does not put out any heat!

I had one years ago. It was in the garage and not installed. It came free with house because no one wanted it!
    See pic of mine. No Rust!

Attached Files:

4. melissa71

melissa71 New Member

Loc:
    Chicagoland
    ^ Good thing it doesn't put off any heat, or those toys and furniture would be kindling to set off the house! I can't believe how rusty that stove is! It must be super humid in that basement, or they had a flood at one time.
  5. Eric Schaefer

Eric Schaefer New Member

Loc:
    Lakewood, WA
    Sandblasted and painted it'd look nice again. But that's a free stove up here on CL. That pipe looks kinda big for the size.
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    That was my first wood stove in my first new house. 1977. Log rolled out and I caught it on the toes of a pair of brand new very expensive custom made western boots. And embers popped everywhere and ruined the brand new carpet. :mad:
  7. Jaugust124

Loc:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    I'm sure it was a fine unit in its day, but $400? For a couple hundred more you can go to Lowe's and pick up a brand new stove. Personally, I don't think the stove in the picture has had a fire in it in many years. Wouldn't there be much less rust on the inside if that stove had been used in recent years?
  8. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    3/4-7/8 of the stuff you find on CL (at least my local) is overpriced POS things. It's the nature of a free advertising site. Lots of fishing going on.

If the guy wanted to put a $10,000 dollar price tag on the unit, it would have cost him the same amount he has invested to put the listing up he utilized.

pen
  9. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    He probably has the boat listed under another ad.
    milleo likes this.
  10. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Looks very similar to mine. It came in our house we bought 3 years ago. We use it but only when home and can watch it closely. Our's puts out a lot of heat. Only use about 3/4 of a cord of wood a year. I am hoping to replace it with a new stove in the near future.
  11. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    ....Look out kid, your gonna get tetanus running that stove....
  12. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Jeez. Ben Franklin is probably rolling over in his grave...But Pook, OTOH, is probably orgasmic......
    PapaDave likes this.
  13. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I can tell ya, by looking at that POS, it was almost guaranteed in a structure fire..........wonder how that fire started?o_O:rolleyes:
  14. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I don't see no steenkin' problem.
    That'll buff right out.
  15. Jaugust124

Loc:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Just checked the listing... still there. Can't believe this thing has sold yet. Might make a good boat anchor, but not much else. They'd probably be better off selling it for scrap. I just brought a small chest freezer to the junkyard and they wanted to give me $10 for it. I know scrap is way up. That thing must weigh a couple hundred pounds. They might get a few bucks for it.