Check out THIS burnpot from a P61a!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about packing the ignitor pot with Magnesium? The standard ignitor takes too long and as an accelerant, placed magnesium into the chamber. This causes significant heat increase lighting the pellets instantly, but the down side is eroding the burn pots in a much shorter time period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_RonUA_lNU

You guys are all pretty scary, coming up with things like gasoline, c-4, magnesium, added to the fire! Zeta is close....neglect. The damage seems rusty, but its not really rust, its overfired metal (big surprise there). The ignitor is shot, so it cant be tested, but the wires are intact. The stove is a mess. Ash everywhere......here's my take on it....stove gets dirty, far too dirty to clean, so its let go ("ugh....im not touching THAT!"). Eventually, the ESP probe gets bathed in ash, giving lower readings that it should, stove tries to compensate by overfeeding pellets.....pellets fall into pan and burn under the burnpot, there the front of the burnpot acts as the flame guide....and not very well. The PF100 issues where the brunpot is shot from overfiring generally results in a hole ON TOP of the burn pot.

Apologies on the waiting game....Easter....had to cook for the kids and the girlfriend, hopefully fooling said girlfriend into thinking Im a real catch! You guys know what Im talking about, dontcha? yeah, I knew ya did!

Apologies on the waiting game....Easter....had to cook for the kids and the girlfriend, hopefully fooling said girlfriend into thinking Im a real catch! You guys know what Im talking about, dontcha? yeah, I knew ya did![/quote]

Dont show her(girlfriend) your pellet stove :p she might think you live that way.

johnnywarm said:
Apologies on the waiting game....Easter....had to cook for the kids and the girlfriend, hopefully fooling said girlfriend into thinking Im a real catch! You guys know what Im talking about, dontcha? yeah, I knew ya did!

Dont show her(girlfriend) your pellet stove :p she might think you live that way.[/quote]

oh, its not MY burnpot...a customers.

Lousyweather said:
johnnywarm said:

Dont show her(girlfriend) your pellet stove :p she might think you live that way.

oh, its not MY burnpot...a customers.[/quote] :coolhmm:

Nice to hear that it wasn`t stove malfunction . I mean you could have shown us a house burnt to the ground and it would be a result of owner neglect.
Surely this was going on all while the user was repeatedly reloading the hopper. Not only neglect but a measure of stupidity too.

Gio said:
Nice to hear that it wasn`t stove malfunction . I mean you could have shown us a house burnt to the ground and it would be a result of owner neglect.
Surely this was going on all while the user was repeatedly reloading the hopper. Not only neglect but a measure of stupidity too.

well, Gio, the stove was burning when we went there to check it out. Wouldja believe they asked "do you think we should be burning it.....?"

Lousyweather said:
Gio said:

well, Gio, the stove was burning when we went there to check it out. Wouldja believe they asked "do you think we should be burning it.....?"

Unbelieveable ! ( some people just haven`t a clue what they do)
And thanks for ending the mystery. I was pulling my hair out.

i have seen salt do the same sort of thing what kind of pellets?

Jesus! If salt can burn this hot then why not burn it instead of pellets. ?

the salt has chemical reaction that eats away at the metal i have seen in wood stoves as well drift wood or any wood grown near the ocean or in a salt marsh it ate a ss liner and the tha inside of the stove

Status
Not open for further replies.