check this cat out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamant

Sep 30, 2007
www.myspace.com/freedomofair

this guy air_freedom has a no valid point. it seems that the film was taken on Stormy days where the wind is blowing in all directions.
an as for the house damage tour
1. the house seemed to have a lack of maintenance
a. paint pealing at the ceiling of the porch.
b. gutters clogged with leaves
c. the shrub damage is from dog piss not smoke.
d. the landscape is loaded with leaf litter
if he cared then he would maintain his property instead of bitching!

OWB's can be a problem in a close quarters neighborhood like the one depicted in those videos. And, it is likely to be an area of the industry where there will be a continued push for further regulation.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am a hard core wood burner from way, way back. Don't even mention taking my stove from me or I will revolt on the spot.
Like most people here, I've evolved with the industry and run the latest and greatest. I use the technology to get heat without smoke; I can't stand smoke because it means creosote to me; and, having experienced a chimney fire of great proportions, I am avoiding it.
These OWB's are just large contained fires. What do we expect to come from that, especially in close quarters.
These units should have some control over the smoke output for two reasons. First to keep the pollution down and secondly to burn the wood more efficiently.
Our charge is to make the differentiation between the type stoves we are using and the OWB's; and to make sure the heightened concern over their smoke does not overflow and come to infringe on our improved burning equipment.

i have seen some owbs in action and ummm to be honest they throw a lot of smoke
i have a friend who even uses seasoned wood ... his doesn't throw as much but when that thng first starts cranking it looks like a forest fire

iceman said:
i have seen some owbs in action and ummm to be honest they throw a lot of smoke
i have a friend who even uses seasoned wood ... his doesn't throw as much but when that thng first starts cranking it looks like a forest fire

I went looking for the house fire one day.....It was my uncle's owb 8-/ Man there was a huge black plume of smoke, and I live a mile away!! Couple times a week I could see the smoke from that pig. I am real happy he is not my neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.