Check this out guys. This thing looks awesome

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ah man that's right up.my alley (make a lot of bread) what a great looking stove!!! I'd rock that in my fishing shack!

I have baked a lot of bread in a wood stove. Takes a little playing around to learn to bake in a wood stove but so worth the effort. Best day ever was when the wife, after many tries, finally made a from scratch angel food cake that came out in the old wood monster. At 11,700 feet above sea level that is quite an accomplishment, nothing works right at that altitude. She said she felt like she had finally made it! I didn't say anything, I just kept hoping she would make me another one.

Would love to give one of those a spin and see how much better or worse it worked then the old 1940's vintage unit we baked in. The bread my son is holding in my avatar was baked in the wood stove, you can see part of the stove behind him in the pic with the white tile above it. Loved that old stove.

Reactions: Fuut Master
Good for you guys that have the time, patience and knowledge to cook with a wood stove. When my kids ask if we can cook in or on the stove, I tell the story of my baked potatoes that were blacken and unrecognizable.

5400 bucks?

I have baked a lot of bread in a wood stove. Takes a little playing around to learn to bake in a wood stove but so worth the effort. Best day ever was when the wife, after many tries, finally made a from scratch angel food cake that came out in the old wood monster. At 11,700 feet above sea level that is quite an accomplishment, nothing works right at that altitude. She said she felt like she had finally made it! I didn't say anything, I just kept hoping she would make me another one.

Would love to give one of those a spin and see how much better or worse it worked then the old 1940's vintage unit we baked in. The bread my son is holding in my avatar was baked in the wood stove, you can see part of the stove behind him in the pic with the white tile above it. Loved that old stove.

That bread looks so good that you made huauqui

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermont Castings. If you like them, great for you. I actually had a Encore 2550 given to me that I restored most of until it came to buying a refractory and firebacks. After reading these 3 parts just don't hold up in Vermont Casting stoves, many different models. To replace those parts will be around $500 at least. Then you better know what you're doing to install them and get a seal. My point, I've owned a few Buck stoves and others with no problems and would avoid any stove that can't last the test of time... but! they look nice. If you want a nice piece of room art, I'm selling a nice looking Vermont Casting 2550 ... I'll take the first $200 that comes. I'd avoid VC's personally

I wish a Ford and a Chevy…… and a Vermont Castings would still last ten years like they should

That bread looks so good that you made huauqui

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember that loaf is an old recipe from my grandmother and is a very hearty oatmeal bread. We made many loafs of that and another one that was a potato bread, very "stick to your insides" breads that stayed with you.

Reactions: Squisher
well its cool but not something I would invest in for our modern ages. I mean if I had a nice cabin off the grid I would look into something for cooking.

Looks good. I had a somewhat smaller Nectre Bakers Oven given to me. It was in pretty rough condition but I cleaned it up and then had my local stove shop do a full servicing, which included replacing a cracked glass window, all the tiles and gaskets and now it is sitting in my son's cabin which we are renovating. It will go in the back of the house (Morso 2110 already installed in the living room) and my daughter-in-law, who is a professional chef, is excited to cook and bake with the Nectre. We still need to build a hearth so it probably won't get installed until next fall but should be fun! The best part is that I got it for free and only spent about $300 fixing it up! Much of the chimney we'll use was also given to me (class-A) so it should turn out to be a pretty affordable setup!

huauqui; where were you living at 11,700 ft.? I live at 4,500 ft. here in Japan and when in the U.S. we live at about 6,500 ft. in Colorado but 11,700... that's really up there!

Looks good. I had a somewhat smaller Nectre Bakers Oven given to me. It was in pretty rough condition but I cleaned it up and then had my local stove shop do a full servicing, which included replacing a cracked glass window, all the tiles and gaskets and now it is sitting in my son's cabin which we are renovating. It will go in the back of the house (Morso 2110 already installed in the living room) and my daughter-in-law, who is a professional chef, is excited to cook and bake with the Nectre. We still need to build a hearth so it probably won't get installed until next fall but should be fun! The best part is that I got it for free and only spent about $300 fixing it up! Much of the chimney we'll use was also given to me (class-A) so it should turn out to be a pretty affordable setup!

huauqui; where were you living at 11,700 ft.? I live at 4,500 ft. here in Japan and when in the U.S. we live at about 6,500 ft. in Colorado but 11,700... that's really up there!

We lived in Ecuador S.A. just south of Riobamba along side Laguna De Colta. In the house just to the left of the large rectangle seen here on google maps. We burned the stove you see in my avatar 24/7 365. It has a pipe system we installed in the firebox that provided all our hot water for bathing and other uses along with heat in the kitchen area. We cooked and baked all our meals on that wood stove. The first 4 years we were there we used the standard fireplace at the other end of the house for additional heat. We added a Vermont Castings large Dutchwest cat stove, Model #2461 I believe, in the fireplace as a freestanding install for the last 3 years. We were much more comfortable temp wise after installing the VC. We burned only Eucalyptus which gave off an amazing smell.

Wow! That sounds awesome. I know quite a few people who spent time living in Quito but I've never been to Ecuador. Sounds like you were comfy!

My wife and I are looking into the Vermont Bun Baker XL. Does anyone use the large size? I see that many are very happy with the model you do have. We live in Washington state and would love to look at one before we buy, so we are looking for anyone who would be willing to let us check out their Bun Baker. We would make it worth your while.
Hi!
I work for Nectre in Australia and just saw your comment and request and wondered if you had managed to find a Bun Baker to take a look at? We do have a couple of dealers in Washington state that may have one on display and be convenient to you if that would help? Just let me know if I can assist further.
Cheers!

What part of Japan do you live in? I live next to Laike Saiko near Mt Fuji.

trying to form a corp group of like minded individuals to go firewood scrounging with as well as compare notes and tips for Japan.

Reactions: spirilis
What part of Japan do you live in? I live next to Laike Saiko near Mt Fuji.

trying to form a corp group of like minded individuals to go firewood scrounging with as well as compare notes and tips for Japan.

We live in Gunma, on top of Mt. Akagi. Unfortunately a pretty long drive from Fuji, although on clear days we can see Fuji! :)

Reactions: ken morgan