Check this out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you subtract the cost of materials from the price and divide the remainder by the 300+ shop hours they say are put into the stove, that means they were working for what? A buck and change an hour? Hmmm...Very cool looking though.

Wow, that is cool.....we could do the "Orange Country Chopper" thing with custom stoves. They would be commissioned by bigwigs.......

EPA allows for up to 50 (I think) custom models of each type before you have to get approved!

Corie, maybe that is your calling. We'll get all those waterjets and welders and some motorcycle builders and make "theme" stoves with clean burns. Sell 'em to the folks who don't want anything ordinary. I think we could come up with various designs for $10K to 100K a copy.

thats a sweet lookingstove, can you go see it in person?
no offense, i wouldnt want to say i live in pewee ky.

Wow, that is cool.....we could do the "Orange Country Chopper" thing with custom stoves. They would be commissioned by bigwigs.......

Pimp my stove??

Methinks Hogwildz has a trip to Kentucky in his future.

i think so, either that or a vortex warp generator.
the legs are beautiful too, but someone better buy it fast and get it off that pallet before it gives way.

moondoggy said:
thats a sweet lookingstove, can you go see it in person?
no offense, i wouldnt want to say i live in pewee ky.

Pewee Valley isn't as bad as the former town I lived in, Monkey's Eyebrow. My wife thinks the stove looks like a space ship. She doesn't understand the value it would add to the house...crazy women.

Well my 2 cents...its a non listed stove so that means its gotta be 3 feet from the wall atleast. add in that they are willing to cut a hole in it for gas, says that u should run not walk away from this one...

How big an issue is parts availability?

What about EPA approval? My guess is that depends on the state.
~Cath

Webmaster said:

EPA allows for up to 50 (I think) custom models of each type before you have to get approved!

Corie, maybe that is your calling. We'll get all those waterjets and welders and some motorcycle builders and make "theme" stoves with clean burns. Sell 'em to the folks who don't want anything ordinary. I think we could come up with various designs for $10K to 100K a copy.

YES!

Let's do it, I'm up for it if you are.

In fact, the EPA has a category for testing specifically for custom stoves like this.

Webmaster said:

That is pretty sharp!

But to do the OCC thing... the air control would have to be a throttle on a set of handlebars. The exhaust would have to be chrome, and it would be dual staggered 3" pipes (that will go into a 6" liner). The secondary burn technology would have to be re-done completely so that it only fires off gas at pre-timed intervals to give it some "rumble". The firebox would also only allow wood to be put in at a 45* angle to burn.

Am I the only one that sees a resemblance to the robot in "Lost In Space"?
~Cath

Status
Not open for further replies.