Check This Stove Out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
www.countryflame.com/bbfstove.php

I was checking a new stove shop out in Eau Claire, WI today, it's called Eau Claire Hearth. They were still working on the show room so they only had a few stoves, but said they will have this beast up and running in a month or so.

Anyone have any experience with this line or stove. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the Blaze King cat to cat. Also wonder if those side windows stay clean. I'm sure I'll be visiting the store come burning season to see it for myself. Maybe they will let me play? :lol:

The specs or the looks aren't that much different than Buck Stoves' big cat stove. But that 600 cfm blower would blow my duck decoy collection off the shelves.

The spec sheet calls out a 12 hour burn time, 3.9 CF firebo, an 8 inch flue, and only 51000 btus.

Hard to argue with 585 lbs of plate steel. About as pretty as a BK too.

For the size it weighs in the same as the T6. You might need earplugs with a 600 cfm fan, that almost seems like a typo. The btu figures don't seem to gibe with the 29" log and 3.9 cu ft capacity. Maybe that's on idle? :gulp:

Looks just like the Buck stove model 80 I think. Almost bought one but got a better deal on the Harman.. Nice stove in my opinion.

One thing that really caught my eye was in the stove/insert FAQ. They claim with their stove design the catalyst will last 10 years with proper use. I'd like to know if this is really possible, everything I have read and been told is they only last 12000-14000 hours.

BeGreen said:
For the size it weighs in the same as the T6. You might need earplugs with a 600 cfm fan, that almost seems like a typo. The btu figures don't seem to gibe with the 29" log and 3.9 cu ft capacity. Maybe that's on idle? :gulp:

The firebox is 5/16" steel and they only use firebrick on the floor of the firebox. The only BTU figure it looks like they quote it the EPA number.

Status
Not open for further replies.