Checking the Trail this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
First time back in today after the wind and snow storm (more wind than snow) on the main trail this was the only tree down. Looks like a dead basswood.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0301.jpg
    100_0301.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 100_0302.jpg
    100_0302.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 100_0300-2.jpg
    100_0300-2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 274
Nice pics
Snow make the woods look nice & quiet
Can you cut the stump off & just hook to it & drag the whole tree back to your woodpile?
Might drag easy with the snow on the trail.
I sometimes cut & load the trailer with the big end rounds & rope to whats left & drag it behind the trailer.
I use the medium & small limbs for the cook out fire pit, & saves a trip back out.
I llike bon-fires, so I throw the small limbs in a pile & when I get enough, light'er off.

bogydave said:
Can you cut the stump off & just hook to it & drag the whole tree back to your woodpile?
Might drag easy with the snow on the trail.
I sometimes cut & load the trailer with the big end rounds & rope to whats left & drag it behind the trailer.
I use the medium & small limbs for the cook out fire pit, & saves a trip back out.
I llike bon-fires, so I throw the small limbs in a pile & when I get enough, light'er off.

I'm going to cut it up and then bring it out in the Rhino or trailer.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.