Checking this seasons moisture content

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
I got roughly 3 cords stacked in these "sheds" mix of Doug fir, pine, white birch, hemlock, and a little bit of left over oak from a score 4 years ago. each shed is stacked 3 rows deep. Took various splits from the front and back of each unit, re-split and checked with my H/F moisture meter lowest readings I got was 14% highest was 18%, did not check anything from middle rows, but hoping they are fine

Just to be sure my meter was reading right i checked some of these piled splits and rounds and they were anywhere from high 20% to 35%

suppose to be a colder than normal winter here this year , so I guess I am ready

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 238
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 214
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 208
Looks like you are set. How long since they were split?

Status
Not open for further replies.