Cherry and Hard Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Finally got back to stacking another two face cord, it's a mix of Cherry and mostly Hard Maple. I still have another 1.5 face cord in the front lawn that will go in this area starting on Monday.
zap

Attachments

• 100_0985.jpg
    100_0985.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 100_0986.jpg
    100_0986.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 472
Looks good Zap...gotta love your yard cart on steroids.

You can definitely tell where the Cherry stops and the Maple begins ,ever thought about designer wood stacks?Seriously nice work,I can almost smell that Cherry burning.

So it appears Zap had to take a break from fishing to stack some wood! lol Good work Zap.

Thanks guys, we took a trip to Tupper Lake Woodsmen's Days and have some videos that I'll get up on perfect picture tonight. We stayed through the lightweight division for the horse pull.

zap

Zap can you share where you got that trailer. I like it.

SolarAndWood said:
Looks good Zap...gotta love your yard cart on steroids.

Solar it works great in the winter with the big tires, save my butt from wheeling in the wood or bringing it in the back of the Rhino.

Zap

The last wheelbarrow I bought was made of plastic. Lasted 2 winters, then when throwing wood in it on a cold day, she cracked and that was the end of that. How many winters have you used that nice looking trailer, and how does it seem to be holding up?

Herbster

Herbster said:
The last wheelbarrow I bought was made of plastic. Lasted 2 winters, then when throwing wood in it on a cold day, she cracked and that was the end of that. How many winters have you used that nice looking trailer, and how does it seem to be holding up?

Herbster

One winter and I try not to throw the wood.

Zap

Backwoods Savage said:
So it appears Zap had to take a break from fishing to stack some wood! lol Good work Zap.

Thanks Sav, if I get another 9 walleye this year that will be enough for us to eat. I want to get back in the woods starting next week and buck up some downed beech plus the hard maple up top.

I still have another 4 face cord thats been split and stacked back in the woods that I have to get out before the snow falls. My goal was to have between 50-60 face cord and at least 54 stacked by winter. It should be close.

zap

Battenkiller said:
Zap, you're gettin' purty durn good at stacking those splits. Damn works of art. ;-)

Batten how is the little one doing?

Zap

thanks for the info on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.