Cherry as fuelwood-your thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cherry as fuelwood-your thoughts

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got rights to a chunk of woods with a ton of down cherry in it. Looking forward to seeing what it does in my gassifying boiler. I know my owb liked it, but it liked everything. And a lot of it.

Cherry saved my butt a couple of winters ago. Switching from my old smoke dragon, I had many cords of oak that wasn't nearly seasoned enough to burn well in my new EPA insert, but the utility company had taken down one of my roadside cherry trees the previous fall. That Cherry had barely six months of seasoning, but was far better than all the unseasoned oak in the world. Very strong secondaries, maybe especially good for gassifiers?

TE

I'm always disapointed if I don't have cherry to burn in a season.love processing and burning it.especially love the smell.in my opinion better then soft maple,but nowhere near hard maple

I don't ever turn it down, but I would rank it with soft maple as far as heating goes.

I guess I don't know how to vote. I don't love it, but I take it every chance I get.

This^^^^^^^^

Not jumping for joy that somebody has a cherry tree on the ground that they are offering me for firewood, but I am not turning it down either. I tend to season the stuff for a year and burn it for the shoulder seasons.

Haven't burnt any yet but it sure is perty!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 116
Lots of ash. I prefer to make small splits and use for BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.