Cherry, Hard Hack and Basswood or Soft Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Today started out windy but turned into a nice day, the Cherry near the edge I cut at the end and let drop and cut up the rest. Will try winching the rest up Sunday when I split the Cherry and Basswood. Spent alot of the time cleaning up small hard hack from the ground. Also stacked the basswood to the side so I can get through with the Rhino and splitter.

Batteries in the camera got to low so the rest of the pictures I'll have for Sunday.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0247.jpg
    100_0247.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_0255.jpg
    100_0255.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_0256.jpg
    100_0256.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 271
after a night of drinking and two packs of smokes....hard hacking :roll:

Looks like you got nice place to cut Zap. Is that your place? I have about six acres but it's pretty wet ground so it's swamp maple and cotton wood for me.

ohio woodburner said:
Looks like you got nice place to cut Zap. Is that your place? I have about six acres but it's pretty wet ground so it's swamp maple and cotton wood for me.

It's our place, never thought the sound of a chainsaw and woodsplitter combined with being in the woods was so peaceful.

Zap

It is very peaceful after the work is done! I too love working in the woods Zap and hope I always do.

You have a nice looking place there.

Status
Not open for further replies.