Cherry Hauled out & Stacked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We hauled out the Cherry I split Saturday and I stacked it plus one other Cherry tree that I cut and split about 2.5 weeks ago. This week depending on the weather I hope to move some Cherry stacked last year into this area (better sun) about two months worth.

This wood is for the 2012-2013 heating season or after.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2876.jpg
    100_2876.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_2877.jpg
    100_2877.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 100_2878.jpg
    100_2878.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 100_2879.jpg
    100_2879.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 440
  • 100_2880.jpg
    100_2880.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 100_2881.jpg
    100_2881.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 100_2882.jpg
    100_2882.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 437
  • 100_2883.jpg
    100_2883.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 466
Zap- love the stacking area you have made- are those pressure treated 4X4 on the ground? Need to start considering alternative stacking places than between the trees and I hate building ends.

Remkel said:
Zap- love the stacking area you have made- are those pressure treated 4X4 on the ground? Need to start considering alternative stacking places than between the trees and I hate building ends.

Remkel thanks, they are landscaping timbers bought at Home Depot and I think they are treated. I'm starting to use pine I cut down that needed thinning out (Savs Idea) instead of buying the landscaping timbers.

GIBIR

once again, love the work you do...Always looks great!

jimosufan said:
once again, love the work you do...Always looks great!

jimosufan thanks, that area is one of the better areas for stacking. I hope to make the path wide enough for the truck to get up behind that area and cut out the Rhino.

If things go good before the end of May that area should be filled with just over three cord.

Zap

Zap the stacking looks great I have thought about using post to stack on but my work supplies me with more than enough free pallets so I can't complain. How many cords a year are you pushing through your Lopi?

certified106 said:
Zap the stacking looks great I have thought about using post to stack on but my work supplies me with more than enough free pallets so I can't complain. How many cords a year are you pushing through your Lopi?

About four cord, will have a definite count real soon. Looks like this summer will be another busy one cutting wood but will take time for three fishing tourneys.

GIBIR

wood spliter said:
Looking good as always!

Thanks Spliter, plenty of work to be done plus the wood I cut in the winter still needs splitting.

GIBIR

Looks great Zap. It looks like you dried out pretty quick? I still can't even mow the lawn.

SolarAndWood said:
Looks great Zap. It looks like you dried out pretty quick? I still can't even mow the lawn.

Solar it sounds crazy with all the flooding going (melt from the snow from Tupper Lake & Saranac Lake) on but we really have not had that much rain, just hope the river goes down enough before we get rained on hard.

GIBIR

Zap, I hope you get the weather today that we had yesterday except for the wind. It was beautiful and 70 degrees! Yes, I did get in a nice bike ride but those 35 mph winds were a bit tough to ride into.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I hope you get the weather today that we had yesterday except for the wind. It was beautiful and 70 degrees! Yes, I did get in a nice bike ride but those 35 mph winds were a bit tough to ride into.

Sav we had a great weekend but it looks like rain for the next three days, not good for some of the houses/camps that are flooded already. Heavy winds like that Sav you're supposed to draft behind the wife.

Zap

Zapny,

What are you using for ends? They look like some sort of black pipe, but how is everything staying together? Also how do you keep the bottom poles from rolling when they are loaded up with wood. Do you have some sort of cross members.

Those stacks look amazing!!!

wannabegreener said:
Zapny,

What are you using for ends? They look like some sort of black pipe, but how is everything staying together? Also how do you keep the bottom poles from rolling when they are loaded up with wood. Do you have some sort of cross members.

Those stacks look amazing!!!

For the ends I use 6 or 7 foot t-post pounded in with a sledge, in this area the t-post stayed good. The bottoms are landscaping timbers flat on two sides without cross members.

Thanks
Zap

But Zap is also learning how to stack wood without cheating and using t-posts.

Backwoods Savage said:
But Zap is also learning how to stack wood without cheating and using t-posts.

:red:

Zap

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
Looks great but think it would look better in my yard IMO

Stop by and grab it, Sav promised us some nice five year old ash so we need that space. :zip:

GIBIR

zapny said:
shouldntbesocomplicated said:
Looks great but think it would look better in my yard IMO

Stop by and grab it, Sav promised us some nice five year old ash so we need that space. :zip:

Wow now I will have to look up to him more ,he just gets better with every post

GIBIR

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.