Cherry Pits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlajko

Jul 17, 2008
NWL MI
Does anyone have any comparison experience between burning cherry pits versus wood pellets? I am going through roughly double what the dealer says I should be using.

Never burnt them but I have been wanting to. Have you tried a bag of pellets to compare the two? This might be the only way to know for sure. On the pits, how did you dry them?

I have a Woodmaster AFS 1100 with a side hopper. It holds 4-5 bags of cherry pits. I am going through 5-6 bags of pits a day @ $4.50/bag. Wood Pellets are very scarce in my area, and pricey. The dealer I purchased my stove from also sells dried and bagged cherry pits.

pits should produce 8500 BTU per pound

That energy must be going someplace

A dealer is the last person I would trust for testimonial

have you done a heat loss calculation on you load to know what you SHOULD be burning per day to meet the demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.