Cherry Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dorkweed

Got home Sunday early afternoon from some dog training. Two doors down across my street there's a boom and a guy with a chainsaw. So I unload the dogs, my gear, and proceed down to check it out. 15 minutes of watching with the neighbor next door, the guys took off!!!!! They left the wood on the ground, and about 15 feet of trunk standing on the two trees.

So 5 minutes later, I leave the one neighbor and knock on the door of the neighbor who had the trees taken down. I asked her if the wood was spoken for. She didn't know, but said the tree guys would be back the next day. I thanked her and said I'd try and catch them.

They didn't show up until about 3:00PM yesterday. So I hurried down there while they were chipper/shreading the small stuff. When they got done with that, I asked the "big guy" if the wood was spoken for. He said, "as long as were working here, you can take all you want. So I ran back got my truck and loaded up the stuff I could handle easily. Made two trips and probably got a face cord, maybe 1/2 cord of some sort of cherry according to the tree guy. Would've loved to get the bigger stuff, but these two guys were machines about cutting and loading wood in their truck!!!

Free and close is good!!! This'll put me over 6 cords scrounged since Feb.!!! I need more pallets now!!

Good for you dorkweed.

This no doubt will get moved to the Wood Shed, where it belongs.

great scrounging instincts dorkweed !

without pics tho, it never happened;)

Nice score
The ones close to home are great!

Nice catch on that cherry wood. Close to home makes it better. Free heat is like pennies from heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.