Cherry Tuesday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I had a cherry down in the same area that I've been working so I went back in an bucked it up, part of it I'll pull out of the tree with the winch another day.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1167.jpg
    100_1167.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_1170.jpg
    100_1170.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_1171.jpg
    100_1171.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_1172.jpg
    100_1172.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 249
Wood Splitter, you can like them both, totally different. Take the Locust for the heat, take the cherry for the smell and medium burn. They both season quick. The Locust doesn't smell very good, but worth it.

Zap, is it not like 100+ in the shade there? You are doing so much work that I'm sweating just thinking about it. I think I'll stay right here in my recliner for another week or two.....

Danno77 said:
Zap, is it not like 100+ in the shade there? You are doing so much work that I'm sweating just thinking about it. I think I'll stay right here in my recliner for another week or two.....

85 and muggy, I take my time plus rest if I'm tired.

zap

Danno77 said:

Danno77 I thought I was cutting this cherry but the more I look at it I think there is another cherry in that area. It's not the same tree I cut tonight, this picture is from the same area.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0524-1.jpg
    100_0524-1.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 211
That one surely is a nice looking log! Have at it Zap.

Backwoods Savage said:
That one surely is a nice looking log! Have at it Zap.

Once I find it I'll get it done, it should be in the area I cut the other cherry.

zap

Nice to get it off the ground and mill that one later.

smokinjay said:

I'll mill it Sunday for the wood stove! :vampire:

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap
When you get your mill set up I will post that cherry pic again! lol

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

I have some bigger cherry in mind, smokin on the 660 stihl would I need the auxiliary oiler on the mill?

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

I have some bigger cherry in mind, smokin on the 660 stihl would I need the auxiliary oiler on the mill?

zap

Without question it will run much cooler better proformace, saw will last longer.

What thickness can you mill with your setup.

zap

zapny said:

zap

from a 1/4 inch to 12inch to 32in wide. Its called a 36inch mill doesn't make much sense.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

from a 1/4 inch to 6 inchs

Spoke with a company yesterday and they recommended the MK-3, said I could buy the auxiliary oiler for that setup. I your setup for two power heads?

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

from a 1/4 inch to 6 inchs

Spoke with a company yesterday and they recommended the MK-3, said I could buy the auxiliary oiler for that setup. I your setup for two power heads?

zap

no I just went with the basic 36in. alaskan mill and also the mini mill 79.00 for the first cut aux-oiler 35.00. with chains 350.00 bucks its all you need. The complete kits you pay for that double header bar.....Really not needed and the 2 saw would need to be the same saw set to the same rpm's just to much to go wrong. With a 660 I would go with a 30in rail if you ever get one to big for it you just run boards off the sides until it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.