chicken kettle spit everywhere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Our chicken humidifier kettle just sprewed out rusty water all over the stovetop and wall. Guess we forgot and let it get too low. What's my best way to get this off?

I would be tempted to use a product like TSP but I honestly don't know what that might do to the paint on the walls. Maybe CLR (calcium, lime, rust)?

Reactions: Fred Wright
I would be tempted to use a product like TSP but I honestly don't know what that might do to the paint on the walls. Maybe CLR (calcium, lime, rust)?

I think I've got some of that. May have to try it. Thanks jag

I should've been more clear. It came off the walls fine with a wet rag but the stove not so much. Because it was 500 or so on the top it looked like the gunk just baked on there

Steel wool and then high-temp stove paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.