chimney at a slight angle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goom

Nov 18, 2008
Shilo
The only way to get to where I have to place my chimney, is by having the first 3 meters at a slight angle (about 10 degrees) away from the front of the woodstove. Is this a problem? For some strange reason, would it be better to pull it further away and put in two right angles?
thanks

You can put an offset in using two 45 deg. elbows back to back. That would be a cleaner looking setup.

Thank you. That would be preferable to one angle close to the stove and the other close to the ceiling, as far as draw goes? Or are you just thinking of keeping funny lines out of the house. My house is full of funny lines....

Status
Not open for further replies.