chimney? @ brands

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windowmaker2

Sep 6, 2014
ohio
Found 10' of used double wall stainless steel chimney for 80$ but they don't know the brand. ( At this time ) Are different brands interchangeable? It is enough pipe but need rain cap and stove pipe to chimney connector. I assume the rest of the through the ceiling and roof kit is interchangeable.

I've never heard of a stove pipe/chimney pipe manufacturer that did not specifically say mixing pipes from multiple manufacturers is not to be done. They probably won't fit, and in any case, it'll void the warranty on all of it. Maybe not as critical on something like single-wall stove pipe, but double-wall pipe and chimney pipe all have manufacturer-specific proprietary locking systems between sections. Even your assumptions concerning the pass through the structure is worth checking out before you commit to buying something that may not be compatible. Rick

Reactions: Osagebndr
Fossil thanks that is what I thought but was not sure. Hope he finds a brand on it tomorrow. If he does not find a brand but I can get a pic of the connection do you think people around here could identify it? Thanks for your help.

Fossil thanks that is what I thought but was not sure. Hope he finds a brand on it tomorrow. If he does not find a brand but I can get a pic of the connection do you think people around here could identify it? Thanks for your help.

Dunno, but it's worth a try...there are folks here running about every brand out there, I s'pose. It's the connection, of course, that makes all the difference. Show us what you find out, and we'll do our best to help you out. Rick

Reactions: Osagebndr
Status
Not open for further replies.