Chimney Brush: Rope pull vs. Fiberglass rods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
Searched but could not find any info. Want pros and cons to using either or. Does the rope pull work as well, would you typically do this top down or bottom to top?

My chimney is not that tall and the roof not very steep, I like the fiberglass rods, you can work them up and down to get a good cleaning action.

I tried using rope but it was too hard to push ;-) .

It's not a bad Idea to tie a rope to the brush just in case you loose you grip, or the brush comes unscrewed.

I would only clean the flue with a rope pull brush if i could not get under it with a 4' rod .
Its really easy to just run the brush up from the inside on a pole .
If you are clogged up you mite need to pole from the bottom and pull from the top..
John

Status
Not open for further replies.