Chimney Brush Type for Duravent Stainless and Duravent DVL?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgantheship

Sep 11, 2016
Adell, WI
I have been installing a Duravent 6" stainless Class A triple wall chimney along with using Duravent DVL 6" double wall from the stove to the chimney and am looking at the proper type of chimney cleaning brush to purchase.

Obvious a round brush but should it be wire or poly? I suspect poly but want to verify from those of you that are currently using a brush for cleaning your chimneys.

Also, any recommendations on type of rod to use?

Thanks much.

From what I recall you can use either ... but many folks suggest going with poly to avoid scratching the metal out of a concern this may shorten the Class A pixels life span ... other folks say the effects are negligible.

Me ... on my Class A ... I use a poly brush and it has worked out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.