Chimney cleaning Supplies?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-rott

Jan 7, 2006
Petoskey Michigan
Where does everyone get chimney brushes and rods? Any brand I should look for? Stay away from? I have been sharing a set and it is less than convenient. I don't know what brand the current setup is.

Thanks,

Garett

I recently bought a heavy duty brush and rods form this company online--Northline Express, if you spent more then a 100 bucks they would ship free . After placing my order I read this on this site...
Posted: 22 September 2008 08:44 PM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 22 ]

Really Hot

Connecticut
Total Posts: 48
Joined 2007-11-07 You need the POLY brush for the Stainless Steel liner. I just cleaned my 6” SS liner with the RUTLAND 6"round poly brush #16906 that I bought online at ACE hardware. They shipped FREE of charge to my local ACE hardware. I was called and I picked it up for approx. $13.00 and my bro had the rods that I borrowed. Don’t you skimp on the rods. Since you have approx.22’ of pipe to clean, opt.for the thicker rods. The thinner will flex way too much and you won’t get all the way down…

I am happy with my order , but may have gone the Ace hardware route had i read about that earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.