Chimney cleaning supplies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our farm supply stores and some hardware chains sell the long pieces of handle poles and the brush you need. Its flexible and easy to use, just don't bang up the connecting threads after you get it. I would guess if you google it you will find all kinds of places that sell them.

I ordered my 6" Rutland poly brush and 18' Rutland fiberglass rod kit from Amazon. You can also find supplies at www.northlineexpress.com and a ton of other sites. If you want to pick it up local, try your box stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc. With a stainless, you'll probably want to go with a poly brush rather than a wire brush.

Lowe's has all of the items year around back with the duct work stuff.

The prices for rods and brushes at our local Lowes are pretty comparable to online and there's no shipping.

Thanks, I will take at look at my local Lowes but I think we have the most poorly stocked Lowes in the country. I am in it all the time and I have never seen a woodstove or any related equipment, they do have a few pieces of black stovepipe. Probably will try Amazon I have had good luck with them. Thanks, Jim

I've bought a bunch of stuff (brush, rods, fireplace irons, etc.) from Northline Express . . . so far I've been very happy with the quality, price and speed of shipping.

Check your local mom and pops hardware store. The one we have here, they will have what you need, IF your willing to pay the price. BUT I found the nylon brush there cheaper than anywhere on line. go figure.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but how do you size the brush you need? I think I probably have a 6" chimney so do you get a 6" brush or say a 7" so it brushes better?

FPX Dude said:
Don't want to hijack this thread, but how do you size the brush you need? I think I probably have a 6" chimney so do you get a 6" brush or say a 7" so it brushes better?

6". It'll clean plenty good. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.