Chimney/creosote question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell721

Nov 9, 2015
michigan
Ok getting ready for the cold[emoji16]. Cleaned out inside of stove and Cleaned my Chimney. Last year was first year with our stove so like alot of amateurs we had less than optimal wood supply. I didn't think it looked too bad except the pictures are where my stove pipe Chimney connection is I don't understand why I'm getting the hazed creosote there. Any suggestions
IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Air leak at the connection, nothing you can do really to fix that, just keep an eye on it

Doesn't look too bad at all. How much wood did u burn?

About a cord most if it was standing dead ash and mm said around 19 area on most but some made it in that was 25ish. I didn't think it was too bad myself just that one little area at the connection. I figured I'd get more experienced eye on it to be sure. Went and cut cord of maple this weekend and CSS got me ready for cooler temps lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your worried you can use a little Creo-Soot or other to turn any glaze to an ash that can be swept.

Status
Not open for further replies.