Chimney Fires; Upstate NY..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, that's where they got all that snow--over 12 feet in Redfield over a nine-day period. It's tough enough for the vol. firefighters in a normal winter, but just keeping the fireplugs dug out in these conditions is a full-time job. I thought about that the other night as I was loading 'er up for the overnight burn: Bad time to have a fire anywhere but the firebox.

Eric Johnson said:
Unfortunately, that's where they got all that snow--over 12 feet in Redfield over a nine-day period. It's tough enough for the vol. firefighters in a normal winter, but just keeping the fireplugs dug out in these conditions is a full-time job. I thought about that the other night as I was loading 'er up for the overnight burn: Bad time to have a fire anywhere but the firebox.

Right on fire burning buddy. There but for the grace go us. Well, your barn at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.