Chimney/Flue Brushes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to find a 3" and 4" wire brushes
to clean out my Simpson Dura-Vent flues. I could not find any suggestions here in previous posts.
I tried Lowes today and they only had the 6" and 8" brushes.
Any suggestions where to get them along with the rods?
Thanks

This is what I purchased:

Here

Steve

wellsme said:
Hello all, Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to find a 3" and 4" wire brushes
to clean out my Simpson Dura-Vent flues. I could not find any suggestions here in previous posts. I tried Lowes today and they only had the 6" and 8" brushes. Any suggestions where to get them along with the rods?
Thanks
Try Ace Hardware if you have one near you. It’s a 3” pellet/dryer brush made from plastic bristle. It doesn’t have rods with it but a 10’ plastic coated cable, I believe. It looks like the one in the link.

http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5RU-17409

As mentioned above, try your Ace hardware store. I see them in our local Ace here in Kittery, and I got mine in an Ace back in my first season. The Ace here in Kittery is owned by Eldridge Lumber in York (next town over from me, and Wells is the next town past York). {"wellsme" all that was for the folks who aren't familiar with our area...I know you know where York is ;)}. Give them a call and maybe they have them in the York store.

That's also the people I got my pellets from last season, but they were rather high-priced when I checked this year.
:coolsmirk:

Shortstuff said:
macman said:
This is what I just bought at Lowe's last night. It will clean dryer vents, and it even has a pic of a pellet stove on the box now. It comes with an adapter cap that allows the rod to go up into the flue pipe, and attach the vacuum at the same time. It comes with 12' of rod, but you can buy extension packs too.
www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=37653-59625-RLE202&lpage=none

Now that is a really neat combination of tools! Good find!

Steve

Thanks Steve, but the credit has to go to Mike Holton at Englander....he mentioned it in a thread way back in the winter. I just bought it now, since Lowe's finally got some new ones in. (the only one they had before had been "opened" and was missing parts).

The old one didn't have the pic of the pellet stove on it, so obviously word has got back to them that it works great on them too....that's pretty much what Mike said (he uses one with his stove). The coolest part is the adapter.....brush the inside of the pipe with rotary brush attached to a variable speed drill, and vacuum out the ash all at the same time. WOOHOOO!

Picked up the Linteater yesterday....well worth the $$ for ease of cleaning. Shop vac adaptor helped keep the mess to a mininum.

amick780 said:
Picked up the Linteater yesterday....well worth the $$ for ease of cleaning. Shop vac adaptor helped keep the mess to a mininum.

Yep, soooooo much easier. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.