Chimney Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbonics

Nov 5, 2014
Carbondale, CO
3 questions
  1. What class/kind of chimney do you think this is and can it thermally support a wood stove?
  2. The lower section of pipe fell from the chimney during demo. Can I slide it in from the bottom or does it need to be dropped from the top?
  3. I need to connect a double walled pipe from the wood stove, 6" diameter, to this chimney. Can this be accomplished with an adapter (13.5" OD on the chimney pipe)? or do I need to run all new pipe out?
Thanks

IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0251.JPG

I cant be sure but that does not look like ul103ht pipe i think you need new. But look for a label and we can chack for sure

what was being vented through it before? Lighting a fire inside your home is no place to cut corners if you are not 100% certain replace it. Or at least I would.

Reactions: bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.