Chimney insulating roxul application getting squared away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
image.jpg

As many of you have been helping I am planning my first install, I am not sure how much roxul needs applied to my setup. It is an external masonry chimney. From what i gather so far, I should be stuffing as much roxul as possible up through my damper frame the rectangular metal opening that oval liner is going through? Hope I have terminology correct and make sense of what I'm describing( after i cut an opening to fit flex liner )then add a block off plate right below the existing damper support frame? Is it necessary to drop in roxul from the top of my chimney when my liner will also be insulated and plate applied to the top? thanks again everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.