chimney liner best price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no you can not just use black pipe. I personally do not like smooth wall liners line the one linked to i would rather see plain corrugated liner Well acctually i would rather see heavy wall wich is smoth wall also but if you cant afford that id go with the plain corrugated one i think they hold up better that the 2 ply smooth wall liners.

i think they hold up better that the 2 ply smooth wall liners.

Agreed. I yanked one of the 2 ply smooth walls after one season and tossed it in the woods and replaced it with single wall flex.

Too many creosote grabbing de-laminations in the thing.

We installed one for a customer that bought his own and couldn't get it in and we will never put in another one. if you bend it a little to much that inner liner kinks and then it sticks out and catches dirt and gets caught on brushes ect.

Is your clay liner a straight shot? If so, I would put rigid liner in. We put Heat-Fab Saf-T liner 6" in at my BIL's. Didn't research all brands and prices, but I feel better when I go with some heavy-duty stuff. I put HomeSaver RoundFlex in my chimney, not a straight shot. About double the price of the stuff you're looking at, though...

To answer the question. If it is good 316ti liner and a kit that is a great price. Where online are you looking at that one? And no way do you use stove pipe for liner. Rusts out and you will be in a bind in no time flat.

What is the best deal for 25' of flexible chimney liner? I can find it for around 300 online.
Are you looking for 6" x 25'? Rockford Chimney has 10% off and free shipping, their liners are 7 ply with 10 corrugations per seam.

You mean 7- ply seams and 10 corrugations between the seams. Pretty much the same as everybody's single wall liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.