chimney liner choices/options?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How wide is the oval? Why will it not work exiting on the 13" (larger) side?
If i remember correctly, the rigid round Duarliner is a 7" outside diameter?

so fill in current thimble hole,then cut new hole in wide side of chimney .This would cut into different walk way & take additional elbows & more stove pipe to get it back to where the stove must sit 3/90's

inside diameter of tile is 6-1/2 ''x11-1/4''

How bout 5" or 5-1/2" through thimble with adapters to the liner and pipe on their respective sides?

I don't understand this . Stove manufacture wants 6" , the oval I was going to use will fit ok down the tile chimney & is same as as 6" volume wise .
Your saying use 5" liner pipe . I can't adapter the oval to get it out the narrow side .

Chimney height is 15' to thimble

Only option I have is break out liner , not something I want to do ,tile mortared in good then concrete block then brick. Cost $135 to get estimate , ball park figure 2-3 k pro done ( I don't like lawsuits)

Thanks but game over unless I bust tile myself

This is only one of the issues I have & they all cost more$$$ and time

I know the benifets will be good , maybe later

Wife is no longer supportive of this project

Cheers, need to get busy cuttin wood

Status
Not open for further replies.