Chimney Liner for 6"x15" id chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnyota

Nov 27, 2012
I am about to pull the trigger on a vistaflame 1700 insert. I went up to the roof to measure the chimney size of my heatform fireplace, and found it to be 6"x15" inside dimensions. What is the best way to reline this? It is an interior chimney that is prob 15ft tall.

Best thing to do is remove the flues, if there are flues, that is a strange size tho. That would give you about 1.5" more. Use 6" liner and insulation.

If that is not an option use a 6" oval liner, that way you can still get insulation around the liner. Oval to about 4.25". Depending on if the chimney has offset flues/bends ect.

I am assuming the flue outlet on the stove is 6"

Yes it's a 6" outlet. There is a slight bend in the chimney profile, but you can see all the way down.

If you bust out the terracotta you will have to install an insulated liner, which is about 7.5" inches all said and done. Do you have that kind of room?

Other option would be a 5.5" liner, at 15ft I am not sure that would work all that well, might have a chance if you filled in around it with everguard insulation mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.